Wednesday, May 19, 2010

"Habit"

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.” Aristotle

Habits are routines of behavior that are repeated regularly and tend to occur subconsciously, without one being conscious about them. Habitual behavior often goes unnoticed in persons exhibiting it, because a person does not need to engage in self-analysis when undertaking routine tasks. Habituation is an extremely simple form of learning, in which an organism, after a period of exposure to a stimulus, stops responding to that stimulus in varied manners. Habits are sometimes compulsory.

A bad habit is a negative behavior pattern. Common examples include: procrastination, fidgeting, overspending, and overeating.

This morning I changed one of my routine I was reading a book by John C. Maxwell “Put Your Dream to the Test”. It has been life changing to me to get hold of the book and the handbook. Today it was about Habits he writes “psychologist estimate that up to 90 percent of people’s behavior is habitual”.  We do the same over and over and truly a lot of our habits are bad habits.  

¡Somos criaturas de hábitos! ¡Hacemos lo mismo una y otra vez! ¡La mayoría son malos hábitos!

We can change those bad habits!  Even small changes con make a difference in our lives.  I am changing slowly but constant my calorie intake, this has been difficult because I love to eat! I love junk food and that is truly a bad habit! Doing more exercises, no TV (well had to I do not have a TV right now!) so in a way it has helped me.  Got to read the Bible in 90 days and it has been very fulfilling!

The experts say it take from 21 to 30 days to change a bad habit for a good and productive one. They even make some recommendations like: Become aware of your bad habit, You have to want to change, Commitment, Consistent action, Perseverance, Keep it simple.  These are the experts talking and I just add Trust the Lord! Yes! This has been the key for me! Trust the Lord! When I am in my spinning class that really is tough and I feel like I am going to give up; I trust in the Lord! I close my eyes and call upon His promises and repeat to myself “metamorphosis!” and take another breath and wow!  I can finish my routine!

¡Se puede romper con los malos hábitos! ¡Sigue cambiando para bien!  ¡Sobre todo confía en el Señor! ¡El tiene grandes planes para ti y para mi!!!!

You can change your bad habits! Keep on changing for your good! Trust in the Lord! He has great plans for you an me!

Bendecidos! Be Blessed!!

Pss. Lost 1 pound this week! Yay for me!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment